Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A blog Quantum or two...

As you may know, if you've looked in before, I've been banging on about Internet Marketing for musicians, as my current main theme here. It occurred to me that, maybe, before I make my next post on that subject, I ought to mention a couple of things, just to keep the record straight, as it were.

First, let me clarify my position on this Internet Marketing business. If you read through my previous posts, you may form the impression that I consider myself some sort of expert on the subject. If you did form that impression, it's wrong, because I don't. I'm as much in the dark as anyone on this stuff, but what I'm hoping to achieve is some sort of clarity of thought, both for myself, and, for anyone else who cares to follow my cognitive journey. I'm developing an internet marketing plan for my own recorded material, right now, and I'm still a little 'woolly' on the precise detail of what I'm actually going to be doing, when I start Internet Marketing properly. However, I figure that if I work logically through the things I've learned about the internet in the last couple of years, by studying how things seem to work, in a logical, objective way, then, maybe, I will reach a position of better clarity and confidence about what can be achieved, and a more clearly defined set of objectivess and methods. In other words, a clear, definite plan, with measurable parameters. My aim, in reproducing that process here, is to help anyone else who might, currently, be in a similar position to me. Maybe, if I get lucky, someone following my faltering steps, might even be able to offer an insight or two that I have missed....

Secondly, as an Independent Recording Artist, I'm not looking to be a big star, I'm not looking to be a millionaire, I'm not looking to sell Platinum. Mostly, I'm not looking to get a 'record deal'. I'm simply looking to be very good at every aspect of the thing I love to do most...making my own individual and unique music, and to do it independently of the mainstream music industry. If I can do that, and make a modest income in the process, two things will be possible. I will be able to make music whenever and however I choose, and I will be able to help other people to achieve things in their lives they never dreamed possible.....more on that second aspect another time..

No comments: